Speaking & Workshops
Anne blends her personal story, hard-won experience as a Big Law equity partner, and extensive knowledge of workplace science to deliver engaging, practical talks and workshops designed to inspire lawyers and firms to aspire to greater workplace engagement.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits are available for lawyers for a number of topics, depending on the jurisdiction.
See below to review client testimonials about Anne’s services.
Examples of Speaking & Workshop Topics
- Fierce & Gritty: Resilience Training for Lawyers (CLE credit available in some jurisdictions)
- Using Employee Engagement Research to Drive Results
- Leading Thriving Law Firms: Improving Lawyer Performance and Well-Being Through Leader Development
- Work-Life Flow for Stressed Out Lawyers: Reframing the Stale Concept of Work-Life Balance for the Legal Profession
- Meaningful Work: Boosting Happiness, Health, & Performance
- Mindset Matters: Rethinking Your Approach to Stress Through Mindset and Mindfulness
- The Power of Positive Leadership to Retain Talented Women Lawyers and Energize Your Whole Organization
- Identifying & Using Your Strengths
- Surviving the Lion’s Den: A Young Lawyer’s Guide to Navigating Office Politics
- Fierce & Gritty: Boosting Grit Through Meaningful Work.
- Building Thriving Law Firms: Science- Backed Strategies to Boost Engagement, Resilience, and Performance
- StartTough: Onboarding Strategies for New Lawyers
- Building Resilience & Grit: Adding to Your Emotional Intelligence Toolkit
- Positive Psychology in the Law School Classroom (designed for law professors)
- Making the Grade with Growth Mindsets: How the Science of Positive Psychology Can Help You Succeed in Law School
- Building a Thriving Legal Profession: Laying the Foundation in Law School
- Taking Off the Monster Goggles: How a Positive Mindset Can Help You Succeed and Thrive in Law School
“Anne Brafford is an emerging national thought leader on attorney mindset, grit and resilience, and I count myself among her growing legion of admirers. Anne recently presented to a sold-out audience at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Association of Corporate Counsel, the leading global organization for in-house lawyers. The attendees loved her, and it was easy to see why. She shared deep insights, serving them up with healthy doses of humor and fun. Attorneys everywhere can benefit from her message. I have no doubt that Anne’s influence will continue to grow in the years ahead.”
— Stephen E. Roth, Vice-President & General Counsel, JTV, Jewelry Television
“Anne was fantastic when she led a workshop on identifying and using character strengths for a women’s networking event at my law firm. Her material was extremely informative and interesting, and allowed for practical discussion and learning. Anne has a great presentation style—not only was she fun and engaging, but she connected with each lawyer and tried to help solve problems they were facing. All of the participants raved about the workshop and its usefulness, and we learned a lot about ourselves and each other. All of the participants constantly refer back to topics and solutions that Anne presented to help in improving our daily lives, and because of the methods Anne taught us, we are able to help each other. We would love to have Anne lead more events in the future.”
– Chahira Solh, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
Anne knocked our sox off at a D.C. event on attorney “Grit & Resilience”—uniquely both inspirational and practical. She’s clearly at the cutting edge of this vital new thinking in our profession.
— Joshua B. Pond, Partner, Kilpatrick Townsend and Stockton LLP
“Anne is a rock star! As part of a South Carolina Bar CLE program, Anne delivered a talk titled ‘Building Thriving Law Firms: Science-Backed Strategies to Boost Engagement, Resilience, and Performance.’ Her command of the material was impressive, her presentation and delivery were remarkable, and her genuine connection with the group of nearly 200 lawyers was inspiring. She played a key role in making this one of the best attorney well-being seminars I’ve attended or hosted. Her work has inspired my effort to be intentional about crafting an engaging culture in my own firm.”
– R. Michael Ethridge, Partner, Ethridge Law Group and Founding Director of Living Above the Bar (South Carolina’s Attorney Wellness Committee)
“Anne’s talk titled ‘The Power of Positive Leadership to Retain Talented Women Lawyers and Engage Your Whole Organization’ at the annual Arizona Women Lawyers Association Convention was filled with surprises about gender differences in brain biology and socialization that may shape different motivational patterns for women and men in the workplace. Anne took us through the science, showed us how it plays out at our law firms (and elsewhere), and set a path for developing transformational leaders to energize our organizations by creating the experience of meaningful work for both men and women—with the potential of keeping more of our talented women in the profession! Tell me that Anne will be presenting anytime and anywhere that I can get to, and I’ll be there!”
– Pamela L. Kingsley, Shareholder, Tiffany & Bosco P.A.
“Anne hit it out of the park! She delivered exactly what we were looking for in a speaker for a law firm retreat of both partners and associates. Her speech was engaging and provided practical insight into how small changes can contribute to a thriving law firm.”
– Michael J. Basile, Managing Member, Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC
“Anne’s presentation titled on ‘Boosting Engagement and Retention of Women Lawyers Through Leader Development’ was the most thought-provoking session of the Professional Development Consortium conference I attended. She made the information real and applicable, but also sourced research and scientific studies throughout to give the information credibility. I can’t wait to read her book!”
— Rebecca Shulman, Large Law Firm Recruiting & Associate Development Manager
“Ogletree was thrilled with Anne’s keynote presentation at a women’s networking event for firm lawyers and clients. In her talk, ‘Boosting Health, Happiness, and Performance through Meaningful Work,’ she interwove her personal and professional experience as a lawyer with her academic research to create a unique experience in which we were entertained, engaged, and educated.”
— Allison C. Eckstrom, Former Shareholder, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
“Anne is a consummate professional and a joy to work with. Anne participated on a panel about navigating office politics at the National Asian American Pacific Bar Association (NAPABA) Convention in New Orleans. The panel was exceptionally well-received. Several attendees remarked specifically that Anne presented the material in a digestible and practical way, that truly permitted them to leverage the information for real life.” — Thy B. Bui, NAPABA Board Member